21. KEEP YOUR DISHWASHER CLEAN. Put 2 drops of Lemon in with your dishwasher detergent. This will keep the dishwasher smelling clean and help kill germs.
22. CLEAN YOUR MICROWAVE. Splatters, grease, and gunk on the inside of your microwave? Microwave a bowl with about a cup of half water, half white vinegar water, and 5 drops Lemon for about 2 minutes. Use a potholder to remove the very hot bowl of water and wipe your microwave clean. Lemon essential oil can also be used to get rid of adhesive sticky messes- like removing labels from bottles, unsticking stickers that your kids used to decorate your refrigerator, and removing gum.
23. FRESHEN YOUR REFRIGERATOR. When cleaning out the fridge or freezer, use this as an opportunity to freshen it. Add a few drops of Lemon and Lavender to a small bowl of baking soda and place on the back shelf.
24. FOR LAUNDRY: PRE-TREAT STAINS. When someone gets a stain on their clothing, act quickly! Add 4 drops of Lemon to 6 oz of water. Mix and apply to stains on clothing before washing. Be sure to check the clothes when they come out of the wash to make sure that the grease stain is all gone. If it is, great! Put it in the dryer as normal. But if a little grease remains, repeat with a few drops of Lemon, rub in and rewash before putting it in the dryer.
25. FOR LAUNDRY: NATURALLY SCENT YOUR CLOTHING. Add 2–4 drops of Lavender to unscented dryer sheets, wool dryer balls, or a clean washcloth to add a fresh scent to your laundry. And get rid of your scented dryer sheets that have loads of chemicals! Do you ever forget and leave your laundry in the wash for too long? Add 2-3 drops of Lemon to the laundry and re-wash. And viola, laundry is as good as new – fresh and clean!
26. FOR IRONING. Add a drop of your favorite oil to a damp cloth and place it on top of clothing when ironing to infuse your ironed clothing and sheets with fragrance.
27. SCENT YOUR SHEETS TO PROMOTE RESTFUL SLEEP. Add a few drops of Lavender directly to your pillowcase tag. Lavender is calming and will promote restful sleep. Alternatively, you can create a linen spray by putting 10-12 drops of Sleep Blend and 1 cup of water in a spray bottle and spritz on sheets at bedtime.
28. KEEP BUGS OUT OF THE PANTRY. Wipe down shelves with a mix of white vinegar and a few drops of Tea Tree and Peppermint.
29. FOR NAUSEA & MORNING SICKNESS. Add a few drops of Lavender and Lemon to a cool compress and apply to your forehead.
30. FOR COLD AND FLU SEASON. During cold and flu season, use Essential Oils to prevent contracting a cold or the flu. You could also use it to address symptoms or reduce the length. Diffuse Essential Oils to Boost Immunity in your home daily.